The Divisional Director,East will develop and implement comprehensive divisional strategies and initiatives to achieve engagement and retention of SHRM at-large and in chapter members in assigned area. Position serves as the primary field services director in key strategy state(s) on behalf of the membership department of SHRM. Directs and manages assigned Field Services Directors and Member Engagement Associate. Engage key affiliate volunteer leaders within their areas to facilitate the exchange of information and ideas regarding trends impacting SHRM and the human resource profession.
• Implement and monitor strategic membership plan within their area. Hold Field Service Directors (FSD) accountable for driving results and Member Engagement Associates accountable for providing effective support to internal and external customers.
• Work directly with state councils and chapter volunteer leaders to grow membership, engage members and retain them as long term SHRM members.
• Provide management direction, development, and performance coaching for assigned field staff to ensure that their area operates effectively and efficiently.
• Develop and implement budgets, forecasts, and financial resources within their areas.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with state councils, chapters, at-large SHRM members, HR professionals and other stakeholders to advance SHRM’s objectives on membership and other activities. Utilize a communication strategy that provides on-going exchange of information and ideas.
• Establish and maintain strategic partnerships within the organization to drive the success of initiatives and effectively leverage field team’s relationships with key volunteers.
• Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with State Councils and SuperMega chapters in assigned state and support the FSD efforts in the key states within the division.
• Conduct presentations to SHRM affiliates and outside stakeholder groups on behalf of SHRM.
• Evaluate operational issues to determine whether current membership strategies are competitive and staying current with the latest trends within the Human Resource Management field.
• A bachelor's degree within Human Resources or Business required.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP required within one year of starting the position. Certification as a Certified Association Executive (CAE) is highly desirable.
• Seven years of Director level experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience required; management of remote team members preferred.
• Communication proficiency, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills.
• Demonstration of sound business acumen and strategic business processes.
• Outstanding customer focus and orientation.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Moderate lifting is required. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to constantly move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is regularly performed in a remote home office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
This job requires travel 40-50%.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.